Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Only a week and half...

This last week and a half has been the best! I feel so blessed that my Father in Heaven has given me this opportunity to serve a mission. I never really knew how much I wanted to until I got here to the MTC In such a short time my testimony has grown so much. I have never heard so many promptings from the spirit. I also have really come to understand how much he loves me. No just me but all of his children.

 It has been interesting with my companions and me. I was lucky or maybe unlucky enough to be in a trio companionship. I am with Sister Emrich and Sister Schaeler. Sister Schaeler and I got along instantly. We have a ton in common and our personalities are very similar, which makes it hard with Sister Emrich. She is nothing like us. I honestly can’t tell what her personality is like. Once I think I have her figured out I see a different side of her. Needless to say we have had quite a few companionship inventories. They call me the therapist. I don’t know what my companions would do without me here. Both are extremely closed when it comes to feelings and what is bothering them. I don’t think they would have any communication. Each day we get to know each other better so we have begun to understand each other a little better. Plus we communicate and work better together. If only this companionship was as hard as it gets. I will probably look back one day and want them back.

I have seen so many people I know since I have been in the MTC. I have seen Bryce Rothlisberger, Carlos Alvarado, Tristan Mayfield, Liz Phillips, Aubrey Kelley, and a lot of other people I recognize from Idaho and Shaelynn’s ward at BYU. It’s kind of crazy seeing all these friends here. I never thought I would see them, but I see them all the time. Oh and I forgot to mention Zach Brasler (if y’all don’t know who that is, it’s Casey Ross’s friend, Sasquatch). The craziest connection I have made here is with one of the elders in my district. Elder Markert as in Shaelynn’s Ward her first year at BYU. They were actually friends. All of the Elders are awesome! It’s amazing how close you get with people in just a week and half. There are 10 of us in our district. All of us are going to Idaho except for Elder Aveiro. He is from Jersey but the real Jersey not New Jersey. The Jersey in the British Isles! He has an awesome accent and is a convert. He is 26 years old and is extremely smart. He already has a doctorate. He is going to South Salt Lake. What’s really crazy is that we aren’t the only district going to Pocatello. There is another district of 11 Elders that came and are leaving on the same day. We are all English speaking. Well this is all I have time for now, but you will be hearing from me again soon. I love and miss you all!
Love,
Sister Owens

Pocatello Address!
Sister Kylee Owens

Idaho Pocatello Mission

1246 Yellowstone Ave E3

Pocatello, ID 83201

No comments:

Post a Comment