Monday, September 19, 2011

Going Home already (and my mission has just started)

I am going home!! I just found out on Saturday that I will be transferred to Rexburg this Wednesday! I am sad to leave Rigby, I was really hoping I would be there for a while longer. We have so many wonderful things happening right now. On Sunday we found out one of our investigators was getting baptized. So I am sad I won't be here to follow that through but since I am close I will get to come back for it. The investigator (Bill) that is getting baptized is an amazing man and has had a great spiritual journey so far. His wife and kids are members and have been waiting for this moment for a long time. He has met with missionaries in the past and he gave up easily. This time he wanted it so bad. He had been coming to church off and on for a lot of years so he knows a lot. I almost feel like he should have been teaching us sometimes. The only concept he had  a hard time with was the knowledge that there was a God. We told him the only way he would receive his answer was through prayer. It was hard to get him to pray when he didn't believe in what he was praying to. Finally he prayed and got his answer that he is a child of God and that God loved him.  It has been such a great experience to teach him. I have never felt the spirit so strongly in a lesson in my life. I know God had prepared him for us and it was his time.
I am so grateful for the knowledge of the gospel that I have. I am mostly grateful to know that I have a Heavenly Father that loves me.
I LOVE YOU! LOVE SISTER OWENS

No comments:

Post a Comment