Saturday, September 17, 2011

Preperation days aren't days off

 I am having a hard time finding time on preperation days.  They are so busy and we have so much to do.  We have to clean, laundry, go grocery shopping, zone activities, email and write letters all in 8 hours which might seem like a long time, but it really isn't.  I just try so hard to get this blog done and as you can see I haven't done a very good job.  Sorry!  (My posters are having a harder time, really sorry - you will see consistency from now on-that is until the next crisis). 

I am loving being in Rigby!  I have met so many amazing people and have learned so much.  There are a few families that just take care of and love us.  I definitely have gotten close to some that I will be visiting  after my mission.  When we came to this area it was pretty much dead.  One of the elders before us was what is called trunkee.  That means he was about to go home so he didn't work as hard.  The stake was excited to have us and has given us some great work to do.  We have actually set 2 baptismal dates in the last 2 weeks.  One is with a 15 year old boy named Austin.  His Mom is less active and likes it that way. He has been attending mutual for the last few months and has been to church once.  He doesn't know too much, but I think he recognizes the difference of having the gospel in your life.  He is super easy going and seems to want to learn more.  We asked him to be baptized in our first lesson with him and he agreed.  He did accept a challenge to race the young men's leader in reading the Book of Mormon.  I am so excited we get a chance to teach him. Unlike most people in the area he doesn't know much about the church.  Our other date is set with a girl named Casey.  She is 18 years old and a little different, but aren't we all.  Her Dad and brother are members.  At first she was resistant because it has been pushed on her a lot by her Dad but she has come around.  I think she has a desire to do what she needs to.  It has been wonderful to see how she has changed and progressed.  I love being a missionary.  I know this gospel is true.  I know Jesus Christ is my  Savior.  I know Joseph was a prophet and through him we have the Book of Mormon.  I am so thankful for this knowledge in my life.  I love you all and miss you.  I love getting your letters. 
                                                                                                          Love, Sister Kylee Owens

No comments:

Post a Comment